Aragats Space-Environmental Center (ASEC) Collaboration
Secondary Cosmic Rays and Natural Gamma Radiation registered on Aragats
At the end of January, 2019, a formal collaboration was established by physicists and engineers employed by the Yerevan Physics Institute working in Cosmic Ray Division, and by organizations and individuals participating in ASEC activities and/or promoting Cosmic Ray research in Armenia.
The formation of the collaboration board was concluded in April.
The mission of the ASEC is to:
• Encourage and facilitate real-time monitoring of the secondary particles of Cosmic Rays at altitudes 2000 m and 3200 m. at Mount Aragats and in several newly established sites in Armenia that are within the framework of the Armenian geophysical network;
• Prepare and install sensitive particle detectors, field meters and other facilities for research in cosmic ray physics, atmospheric physics and seismology;
• Develop methods of prediction of Space Weather conditions, including particle fluxes and disturbances of the Interplanetary Magnetic Field (IMF) near Earth;
• Investigate the influence of local atmospheric conditions (intracloud electric fields, lightning flashes, natural radiation, etc…) on the intensity of the measured particle fluxes;
• Investigate the influence of the solar-terrestrial connection on the intensity of particle fluxes and on different aspects of life;
• Provide on-line access of the space-environment data products and services to collaborators and clients world-wide;
• Provide information about serious consequences of space storms and meteorological conditions to the public and to relevant organizations of the Republic of Armenia.
The basic functions of ASEC are:
• Provide the development of new experimental and analysis techniques for solar and atmospheric physics research and for the forecasting of space weather events and earthquakes;
• Organize data collection, ensure data quality standards, and develop modern methods of multivariate display of big datasets on space weather events, including machine learning methods for the physical inference using big data;
• Prepare an ASEC web page with exhaustive information on space weather conditions as measured by the ASEC monitors.
• Provide courses on High Energy Astrophysics, Atmospheric Physics, and Machine learning for students of master and PhD programs at the Yerevan Physics Institute.
See WIKI of ADEI crd.yerphi.am/adei for the list of equipment with pictures and explanations. The world’s leading experts have agreed to participate in the board of the ASEC collaboration http://www.crd.yerphi.am/ASEC_BOARD_MEMBERS_.
The chairman of collaboration is A.Chilingarian; the secretary is Mery Zazyan.
The ASEC collaboration board meeting is scheduled on 17 May on premises of Nor Amberd research station.