Electric Field Monitor Boltek EFM-100Measuring the Boltek EFM-100 not only detects nearby lightning but can detect the atmospheric conditions which precede lightning.
Boltek EFM-100 Electric Field Monitor measures the static electric field generated by thunderclouds electric field in Volts per meter (measurement accuracy 5%.). Lightning is detected as a sudden change in the static electric field.
The electric charge contained in a thundercloud also generates an electric field. This field can be measured on the ground.
- Log date, time and distance of nearby lightning.
- Monitor lightning up to 38 km away.
- Detect the high electric field conditions which precede lightning.
- Short-range detector is optimized for close lightning to provide the best distance accuracy while ignoring far away lightning.
- Monitor up to four separate locations per PC.
- Watch trends develop.
- Attention getting alarms.
- Review archived data from previous storms.
- Stay current with free software updates from the Boltek website.
|Figure 1: Electric Field Monitor Boltek EFM-100